- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1h 30 min
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 204 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Salt : 0.2 salt
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Potassium: 14mmol / 533mg
- Phosphate: 7.4mmol / 230mg
- Chop the vegetables into medium sized chunks
- Place chopped vegetables in a pot and cover four times their volume in water, bring to the boil and drain
- Fry lamb in a pan with a little oil until brown. Remove to casserole dish.
- Add the water, wine vinegar and mixed herbs to the vegetables and bring to the boil.
- Pour this liquid and vegetables over the lamb in the casserole.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 1 ¼ - 1 ½ hours at 350◦F 160◦c or Gas mark 4.
Reproduced with kind permission from the Irish Kidney Association