- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: For Two
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 451kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 55g
- Fat Content: 15g
- Protein Content: 27 g
- Salt : 1.2 g
- Sugar Content: 5.4g
- Potassium: 12mmol / 471mg
- Phosphate: 7.7 mmol / 238mg
Curried Chicken Pitta Sandwich
A word of Advice from the Kidney (Renal) Dietitians:
‘Although this is a tasty, light, kidney (renal) friendly meal, it contains 2½ protein exchanges (allowances) per portion.Remember to reduce your protein intake at another meal in the day, if you have been advised to follow a lower protein Kidney (Renal) diet.'
- Chop the pineapple and cooked chicken into small chunks.
- Mix curry powder with a small quantity of water to make a paste and add to the mayonnaise.
- Add the cooked chicken and pineapple to this mixture.
- Shred lettuce and place in split pitta bread, followed by the chicken filling.
Reproduced with kind permission from ‘Food for Thought’ Recipe book