- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 441kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Fat Content: 15g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Salt : 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 0.8g
- Potassium: 11mmol / 417mg
- Phosphate: 11mmol / 336mg
Pasta with Salmon and Tarragon Butter Sauce
- Poach the salmon fillets in the water with the bay leaf for about 15 minutes, or until cooked.
- Remove the fish from the water and reserve 450mls of the fish stock.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking, flake the fish, discarding any bones and skin.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a pan, add the flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the fish stock.
- Return to the heat and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Season with black pepper to taste and stir in the tarragon.
- Drain the pasta. Add the salmon and sauce and mix gently.
Reproduced with kind permission from ‘Food with Thought’ Recipe book.