Low Potassium Vegetables
- Root Vegetables - As many as required
- Choose root vegetables that are naturally lower in potassium. Your Kidney (Renal) Dietitian can provide you with a list of suitable vegetables.
- Peel the vegetables
- Chop into small pieces and place into a pot for boiling. The pot must be large enough to hold the required volume of water.
- Cover the vegetable with four times their volume in fresh boiling water.
- Place a lid onto the pot and put onto a high heat.
- Bring the water to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer until cooked.
- Drain and measure out your vegetable allowance. Your Kidney (Renal) Dietitian can help to set and explain about your daily vegetable allowance.
Adapted and Reproduced with permission from the Renal Interest Group of the INDI