1. A low phosphate substitute for ice cream is _____
2. Dried _____ & peas are high in phosphate.
3. When phosphate levels are too high skin may become _____
4. Ask your dietitian about an _____ milk that is low in phosphate.
6. Excess phosphate & calcium join together to form _____ deposits in your body. This is
7. _____ products such as milk, cheese & yoghurt are very high in phosphate.
11. A _____ blood phosphate level is between 0.7—1.5 mmol/L.
2. Keeping phosphate & calcium in balance will help your _____ & heart stay strong and
5. Phosphate _____ help keep phosphate in food from being absorbed in your blood.
8. _____ coloured fizzy drinks are higher in phosphate than light or clear soft drinks.
9. Calcification can occur in the _____, lungs, blood vessels, joints & other soft tissue.
10. Phosphate binders are only effective if taken with _____
12. Excess phosphate in your blood causes _____ to leave your bones.
[ithoughts_tooltip_glossary-tooltip tooltip-content=”<p><br /> <strong>Down</strong><br /> 1.Sorbet<br /> 2.Beans<br /> 3.Itchy<br /> 4.Artificial<br /> 6.Hard<br /> 7.Dairy<br /> 11.Normal<br /> <strong>Across</strong><br /> 2.Bones<br /> 5.Binders<br /> 8.Dark<br /> 9.Heart<br /> 10.Food<br /> 12.Calcium</p>”]Answers[/ithoughts_tooltip_glossary-tooltip]
Suitable foods for your picnic basket:
Crackers Celery Sticks Grapes
Jam Grilled Chicken Jelly Babies*
Bread Sticks Drumsticks Lemonade*
Cream Cheese Coleslaw Jelly
Roast Beef Macaroni Salad French Bread
Turkey Tinned Pears Cream Biscuits*
Sandwiches Pineapple Unsalted Popcorn
Carrot Sticks Apple
*These foods are energy (calorie) dense and high in sugar. It is
usually recommended that they should be avoided if you have
diabetes or are trying to lose weight. Speak to your Kidney (Renal)
4. SHUBR your teeth often.
6. Use OMELN wedges to freshen your mouth.
7. EFZERE small pieces of fruit from your daily, allowance such as grapes.
9. Stay cool by staying in the EDAHS.
10. Rinse your mouth with chilled WOTAMHSUH.
12. Fill a container with your advised amount of TRAWE.
15. Take ONDEATMICI with mealtime liquids.
17. Avoid ATLSY foods.
1. Use OSRU sweets to moisten your mouth.
2. If diabetic control your thirst by keeping your GLUDBSOOAR under control.
3. ESNIRout your mouth with cold water.
5. Keep boiled EWSTES in the fridge.
8. GIWHCEN gum can help you reduce thirst.
11. HIGWE yourself at home.
13. When taking fluid pour an UQALE amount of water into a measuring jug to keep track of what you’ve drank that day.
14. Use ALMSL cups and glasses.
16. Keep a fluid YRIDA.
[ithoughts_tooltip_glossary-tooltip tooltip-content=”<p><br /> <strong>Across </strong><br /> 4.Brush<br /> 6.Lemon<br /> 7.Freeze<br /> 9.Shade<br /> 10.Mouthwash<br /> 12.Water<br /> 15.Medication<br /> 17.Salty<br /> <strong>Down</strong><br /> 1.Sour<br /> 2.Blood Sugar<br /> 3.Rinse<br /> 5.Sweets<br /> 8.Chewing<br /> 11.Weigh<br /> 14.Small<br /> 16.Diary</p>”]Answers[/ithoughts_tooltip_glossary-tooltip]
1. Allow for a SALPETAN,
relaxing & quiet environment.
4. Take your METI when eating.
5. Avoid other TATVICIESI while eating, such as watching TV, driving or talking on the phone.
6. Allow 20-30 NUTIEMS to eat your meal.
7. Use a small LEAPT.
8. Take MALLS bites.
10. After you are finished eating VEREMO food from the table.
12. It takes about 15-20 minutes for your RIBNA to send a message to your stomach that it is full
2. Plan food that you will JENYO.
3. Arrange your food in a ACTRETIVAT manner.
8. ITS down while eating.
9. Avoid the “Clean Plate Club”. It’s OK to leave a little on your plate or to save food for ALERT
11. Take a KREAB after 10-15 Minutes and notice how full you are
12. Chew each BETI well.
13. After you SNIHFI your meal, take a walk or move into another room.
[ithoughts_tooltip_glossary-tooltip tooltip-content=”<br> <strong>Across</strong><br> 1.Pleasant<br> 4.Time<br> 5.Activities<br> 6.Minutes<br> 7.Plate<br> 8.Small<br> 10.Remove<br> 12.Brain<br> <strong>Down</strong><br> 2.Enjoy<br> 3.Attractive<br> 8.Sit<br> 9.Later<br> 11.Break<br> 12.Bite<br> 13.Finish<br> “]Answers[/ithoughts_tooltip_glossary-tooltip]
Suitable snack ideas (Enjoy these foods as occasional treats if you
are watching the fat or sugar in your diet):
Apple Tart Unsalted Crackers Sorbet
Jelly Cream Cheese Unsalted Popcorn
Ginger ale Jelly Babies Swiss Roll
Lemonade Marshmallows Gingerbread
Jammie Dodgers Cream Slice Jam Doughnut
Flavour foods with:
Nutmeg Chives Sage
Ginger Scallions Basil
Allspice Cumin Thyme
Cinnamon Oregano Pepper
Mint Vinegar Rosemary
Lemon Horseradish Cayenne