- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 480kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 50g
- Fat Content: 19g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Salt : 1.7g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Potassium: 16mmol / 621mg
- Phosphate: 364mg / 12 mmol
- chicken meat - 285 g / 11 ½ oz ground , (your butcher can assist you with this)
- breadcrumbs - 100g / 4oz fine
- onion - 1 medium (150g / 6oz), finely diced
- dijon mustard - 1 level teaspoon
- lemon - Juice of ½
- fresh thyme - 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- black pepper - 1 level teaspoon freshly ground
- burger buns - 4
- To Garnish, per burger
- tomato - One slice, 17g
- red onion - One slice, 20g
- cucumber - Two slices,12g
- lettuce leaves - 3, 15g
- mayonnaise - 1 level tablespoon
- dijon mustard - 1 teaspoon
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, breadcrumbs, onion, mustard, lemon juice and thyme.
- Season the mixture with freshly ground black pepper.
- Shape into 4 equal sized patties.
- Cover and place in the fridge. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Fry in a small amount of olive oil over a medium to high heat until browned on both sides.
- Transfer to a pre-heated oven 180˚ C / Gas mark 4 for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Ensure burgers are cooked thoroughly prior to serving.
- Slice and lightly toast the burger buns, and put the patties in the bread.
- Wash the salad vegetables for the garnish and garnish burgers as above.
- this dish provides 3 protein exchanges (allowances) and 2 vegetable portions.
- Check your daily allowances to see if you have enough remaining for this dish