- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 213kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Salt : 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Potassium: 13mmol/514mg
- chicken - 450g (18oz)
- garlic, crushed - 1 small clove
- onion - 1 medium (150g / 6oz)
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon
- water - Approx ½ pint (284ml)
- black pepper - ¼ teaspoon
- curry powder - 1 tablespoon
- flour - 1 dessertspoon
- margarine - 1oz (25g)
- Dice the chicken.
- Fry the onion and garlic until brown in vegetable oil.
- Add the chicken and fry gently.
- In a separate pan, melt the margarine and whisk in the flour to make a roux. Add a little water while doing this to form a paste.
- Add in remaining water, and whisk in curry powder & pepper. Add sauce to chicken mix and allow come to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer to allow sauce to thicken (20 minutes). Add more water if required to prevent burning.
- this dish provides 4 protein exchanges (allowances) and ½ portion of vegetables.
- Check your daily allowances to see if you have enough remaining for this dish.
Reproduced with kind permission from the Irish Kidney Association