- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 172kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Salt : 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Potassium: 16 mmol / 636mg
- Phosphate: 8mmol / 250mg
- cod fillets - 4 (125 g / 5 oz each)
- onion - 1 medium (150g / 6oz)
- clove of garlic - 1 large, chopped
- lemon - 1, grated rind and juice
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- tomatoes - 200 g (8 oz) tinned, chopped
- black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- parsley - 1 teaspoon chopped
- In a large frying pan heat the oil and fry the chopped onion until transparent.
- Add the chopped garlic, the tomatoes and the lemon juice and rind.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Place the cod fillets on top. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the cod is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
- this dish provides 3 protein exchanges (allowances) and 1 vegetable portion.
- Check your daily allowances to see if you have enough remaining for this dish.
Reproduced with kind permission from the Irish Kidney Association